Preventive dentistry procedures range from the most basic services that have been used successfully for decades, to recent technological innovations. These procedures include:
- Cleanings. This is where dental health starts. There’s just no substitute for physically removing disease-causing dental plaque and calculus (tartar) from your teeth — especially in hard-to-reach areas near the gum line. That’s why regular professional cleanings are so important to your health.
- Dental Sealants. These invisible plastic coatings fill the tiny grooves in back teeth so they do not become havens for bacteria. They prevent cavities from forming and the need for fillings later on.
- Fluoride. This mineral is readily incorporated into the teeth’s mineral structure, thereby making them stronger and more decay-resistant. Fluoride can even reverse tiny cavities that are starting to form. If you are not getting enough from your toothpaste and drinking water, it can be applied directly to your teeth at the dental office.
- Mouthguards. Athletic mouthguards are designed to absorb and distribute the forces of impact and minimize traumatic injury to both the hard and soft tissues of the mouth. In fact, an athlete is 60 times more likely to suffer harm to teeth when not wearing a mouthguard. The best ones are custom-made for you by your dentist.
- Oral Cancer Screenings. Your best chance of surviving oral cancer — a disease that affects not only lifelong smokers but also young non-smokers — is early detection and treatment. Oral cancer screenings are a routine part of every regular dental exam.
- X-Rays. It’s almost impossible to imagine the practice of dentistry without x-ray technology. Radiographs (x-ray pictures) allow dentists to diagnose and treat problems not yet visible to the naked eye, including early tooth decay, gum disease, abscesses and abnormal growths. There is no question that since x-rays first became available a century ago, this diagnostic tool has prevented untold suffering and saved countless teeth. Now, state-of-the-art digital x-rays have made the technology even safer and more beneficial.
Your Role in Preventing Dental Disease
There’s one more extremely important component of preventive dentistry: you. The procedures mentioned above can only be effective if you come in to the dental office to take advantage of them. Likewise, the importance of maintaining a good oral hygiene routine at home cannot be overstated. Daily effective brushing and flossing will go a long way toward removing the dental plaque responsible for dental disease, tooth loss, and the need for more complex dental treatment.
Dr. Deepinder Singh Duggal is committed to providing the best health and dental care available within a warm, welcoming, and safe environment. Our goal is to build long-term relationships with our patients and provide services that are customized and appropriate for each individual.
No matter your current state of dental health or feelings about your teeth, we are experts at helping move patients down the path to complete comfort and optimal dental health, function and aesthetics.
Dr. Deepinder Singh Duggal is dedicated to providing customized care to the discriminating needs of his patients. He offers options for your path to optimal dental health for a lifetime. Each patient is served on an individual basis with plenty of time for treatment and discussion of each visit to insure a comfortable, professional and personal relationship.
Still hunting for the right Dentist? Visit Dr.Deepinder Singh Duggal at 32 Pearls Multispeciality Dental Clinic at the state of the art Dental Clinic in Camp, Pune.
Dr. Deepinder Singh Duggal is the founder of the 32 Pearls Multispeciality Dental Clinic, Pune. He is extremely passionate to provide his patients the best in dental treatment by utilizing state of the art modern equipment. To pursue his passion, he regularly updates his professional knowledge and puts lots of efforts to keep abreast of recent advances in treatment methodologies. Deepinder has a special interest in Cosmetic Dentistry, Implant Dentistry and Full Mouth Reconstruction.