Children are not miniature adults! The very young, per-teens, and teenagers all need different approaches in dealing with their behavior, guiding their dental growth and development, and helping them avoid future dental problems. We at 32 Pearls Multiplicity Dental Clinic are best qualified to meet these needs. We provide many preventative measures to keep your child’s teeth clean and healthy, including sealants and fluoride treatments. We also educate the parents in early detection of some common problems children may face, including thumb sucking, bruxism and baby bottle tooth decay.
Our primary goal for your child’s dental development is to achieve and maintain optimum oral health through advances in techniques,technologies and by maintaining their scheduled dental check-ups.
At what age should the child visit the dentist?
Your baby’s first tooth starts erupting as soon as they are 6-7 months old and it is high time to give prominent attention towards their oral hygiene. Perhaps, it would be even better to take action before the milk tooth appear; regular cleaning of gums with the help of a clean soft cloth would go a long way in maintaining good oral health. Proper growth and alignment of first set of teeth, called the milk teeth or primary teeth are very much essential for the kids.
What will the dentist do?
- General oral examination and detection of signs for tooth decay
- Explain preventive measures to maintain oral health
- Counsel and render treatment for some of the child’s habits such as thumb sucking, nail biting, lip biting, night grinding, and tongue thrusting.
- Offer advice on general oral habits, healthy diets for good oral care and the proper methodologies of brushing and flossing.
- Treatment for tooth decay in milk teeth to prevent their early loss.