Diabetics are more likely to catch dental diseases than the normal ones. If there is a problem like a bleeding, swollen or tender gums, continuous bad taste or white patches, they should immediately contact a dentist
The dentist should be aware of the patient’s recent glycated hemoglobin values. HbA1c values of less than 8% indicate relatively good glycemic control; greater than 10% indicate poor control
- In patients with good glycemic control before starting any procedure, patient must have taken medication and diet as usual.
- Patients, receiving good medical management without serious complications such as renal disease, hypertension, or coronary atherosclerotic heart disease, can receive any indicated dental treatment
- Local anesthesia is preferred, but such patients can even be safely treated in general anesthesia
- Patients with complications require different treatment plan
- Morning appointments should be preferred because this is the time of high glucose and low insulin activity, this reduces the risk of hypoglycemic episodes during the dental procedures
- Appointments should be of short duration
- A source of glucose such as an orange juic must be kept by patient to avoid hypoglycemic attacks
- Prophylactic antibiotics for patients taking high doses of insulin to prevent post-operative infection are recommended
- It’s best to do surgery when blood sugar levels are within normal range
- to avoid hyperglycemia the dentist may use anxiety reduction protocol, emotional stresses and painful conditions increase the amount of cortisol and epinephrine secretion which induce hyperglycemia so
pre-treatment anxiety could be reduced by sedation
pain during procedures can be avoided by a potent anesthesia
Dr. Deepinder Singh Duggal is committed to providing the best health and dental care available within a warm, welcoming, and safe environment. Our goal is to build long-term relationships with our patients and provide services that are customized and appropriate for each individual.
No matter your current state of dental health or feelings about your teeth, we are experts at helping move patients down the path to complete comfort and optimal dental health, function and aesthetics.
Dr. Deepinder Singh Duggal is dedicated to providing customized care to the discriminating needs of his patients. He offers options for your path to optimal dental health for a lifetime. Each patient is served on an individual basis with plenty of time for treatment and discussion of each visit to insure a comfortable, professional and personal relationship.
Still hunting for the right Dentist? Visit Dr.Deepinder Singh Duggal at 32 Pearls Multispeciality Dental Clinic at the state of the art Dental Clinic in Camp, Pune.
Dr. Deepinder Singh Duggal is the founder of the 32 Pearls Multispeciality Dental Clinic, Pune. He is extremely passionate to provide his patients the best in dental treatment by utilizing state of the art modern equipment. To pursue his passion, he regularly updates his professional knowledge and puts lots of efforts to keep abreast of recent advances in treatment methodologies. Deepinder has a special interest in Cosmetic Dentistry, Implant Dentistry and Full Mouth Reconstruction.