Its #akshaytritiya the auspicious day to buy gold and richness as on every other festival we at 32 Pearls Multispecialty Dental Clinic, Camp, Pune, wish you heartedly. On this day of, we are taking time to educate you for a common yet occasionally neglected Oral Issue of #gumbleedings.
Bleeding gums may be a proof that you just have or might develop gum disease.Current gum bleeding could also be because of plaque buildup on the teeth. It may also be an indication of a significant medical condition.
The main reason for bleeding gums is that the buildup of plaque at the gum line. This may result in a condition referred to as periodontal disease or inflamed gums.
Plaque that’s not removed can harden into tartar. This may result in increased bleeding and a additional advanced type of gum and jawbone disease called periodontal disease.
Other causes of bleeding gums include:
- Brushing too hard
- Improper flossing
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy
- Ill-fitting dentures or other dental appliances
- Infection, which can be either in a tooth or the gum
- Any bleeding disorder
- Use of blood thinners like Aspirin, Ecospirin
- Scurvy, a vitamin C deficiency
- Vitamin K deficiency
- Leukemia, a type of blood cancer
Visit the dental practitioner at least once each 6 months for plaque removal. Follow your dentist’s home care instructions. Brush your teeth gently with a soft-bristle toothbrush at least twice every day. It’s best if you can brush once every meal. Also, flossing teeth twice every day can forestall plaque from build up.
Your dental practitioner might tell you to rinse with salt water or hydrogen peroxide and water. Don’t use mouthwashes that contain alcohol, which might build the problem worse.
It will help to follow a balanced, healthy diet. Try and avoid snacking between meals and prevent on the carbohydrates you eat.
Other tips to help with bleeding gums:
- Have a periodontal exam.
- DO NOT use tobacco, since it makes bleeding gums worse.
- Control gum bleeding by applying pressure directly on the gums with a gauze pad soaked in ice water.
- If you have been diagnosed with a vitamin deficiency, take vitamin supplements.
- Avoid aspirin unless your health care provider has recommended that you take it.
- If side effects of a medicine are causing the bleeding gums, ask your doctor to prescribe a different drug. Never change your medicine without first talking to your doctor.
- Use an oral irrigation device on the low setting to massage your gums.
- See your dentist if your dentures or other dental appliances do not fit well or are causing sore spots on your gums.
- Follow your dentist’s instructions on how to brush and floss so you can avoid hurting your gums.
See Your Dentist
If changing your oral care habits, adjusting your medications, and maintaining a healthy diet does not facilitate your gums stop bleeding, your next step ought to be to form an appointment along with your dental practitioner. He can examine your teeth and gums and verify if you’ve got a additional serious condition, like advanced gum disease. Your tooth doctor may also take an x-ray of the teeth and gums. If he believes treatment is required, like a deep cleanup or periodontic surgery, you’ll likely visit with a tooth doctor, who specializes in treating gum disease.
In some cases, bleeding gums are not any massive deal, however in sure instances can warrant skilled treatment. With the proper diagnosis and private care, bleeding gums can become a issue of the past.
Dr. Deepinder Singh Duggal is committed to providing the best health and dental care available within a warm, welcoming, and safe environment. Our goal is to build long-term relationships with our patients and provide services that are customized and appropriate for each individual.
No matter your current state of dental health or feelings about your teeth, we are experts at helping move patients down the path to complete comfort and optimal dental health, function and aesthetics.
Dr. Deepinder Singh Duggal is dedicated to providing customized care to the discriminating needs of his patients. He offers options for your path to optimal dental health for a lifetime. Each patient is served on an individual basis with plenty of time for treatment and discussion of each visit to insure a comfortable, professional and personal relationship.
Still hunting for the right Dentist? Visit Dr.Deepinder Singh Duggal at 32 Pearls Multispeciality Dental Clinic at the state of the art Dental Clinic in Camp, Pune.
Dr. Deepinder Singh Duggal is the founder of the 32 Pearls Multispeciality Dental Clinic, Pune. He is extremely passionate to provide his patients the best in dental treatment by utilizing state of the art modern equipment. To pursue his passion, he regularly updates his professional knowledge and puts lots of efforts to keep abreast of recent advances in treatment methodologies. Deepinder has a special interest in Cosmetic Dentistry, Implant Dentistry and Full Mouth Reconstruction.