Dental crowns are used to fill gaps and help to regain your smile if you have missing or damaged teeth. A crown can also assists you bite and chew better, and helps to improve your digestive system.
What exactly Crown means?
A crown is a cap your dentist can put on a tooth. The most common use of crown is to bring back the tooth to its normal shape, size and function. A crown is commonly used to make the tooth stronger or enhance the way it looks.
Candidates for Crown
You may require a crown if:
- You have a cavity that is too large for a filling
- You have a missing tooth and need a bridge
- You need to cover a dental implant
- You have a tooth that is cracked, worn down or otherwise weakened
- You have had root canal treatment—the crown will protect the restored tooth
- You wish to cover a discolored or badly shaped tooth and win back your smile.
Material used for Dental Crown
Crowns are made from several types of materials. Metal alloys, ceramics, porcelain, composite resin, or combinations of these materials are most commonly used.
Procedure to fix a Crown?
Following are the steps that we follow during Dental Crown Treatment
- Firstly we prepare the tooth by pulling out its outer portion so the crown will fit. Decay is also removed if any. An impression is formed to provide an exact model for the crown.
- You will receive a temporary crown while you wait for the permanent crown to be ready. The tooth with temporary crown may be sensitive to hot and cold. During this period, avoid chewing gum or sticky foods.
- We use the model to assist make the crown.
- Our dentist places new crown in your mouth when it is ready and makes the necessary modifications. When you are satisfied with how it looks and feels, the crown is cemented in place.
Cost for Crowns
Our dentist will help you determine what crown is best for you based on your budget, and your body chemistry.
Post Treatment Care
You should follow few things to prevent damage to a crown,
- Brush twice a day and floss once a day to get rid of plaque, a sticky film of bacteria.
- Stay away from chewing hard foods, ice or other hard objects. It is important for tooth-colored crowns.
- Visit our dentist for regular exams and professional teeth cleanings.
Dr. Deepinder Singh Duggal is dedicated to providing customized care to the discriminating needs of his patients. He offers options for your path to optimal dental health for a lifetime. Each patient is served on an individual basis with plenty of time for treatment and discussion of each visit to insure a comfortable, professional and personal relationship.
Still hunting for the right Dentist? Visit Dr.Deepinder Singh Duggal at 32 Pearls Multispeciality Dental Clinic at the state of the art Dental Clinic in Camp, Pune.
Dr. Deepinder Singh Duggal is the founder of the 32 Pearls Multispeciality Dental Clinic, Pune. He is extremely passionate to provide his patients the best in dental treatment by utilizing state of the art modern equipment. To pursue his passion, he regularly updates his professional knowledge and puts lots of efforts to keep abreast of recent advances in treatment methodologies. Deepinder has a special interest in Cosmetic Dentistry, Implant Dentistry and Full Mouth Reconstruction.